• Go indoors and listen to local radio or television for instructions.
• If you are in a vehicle, close windows and turn off and close air systems. Do not drive through a gas cloud.
SHELTER IN PLACE
• Close all windows and doors. Seal cracks with tape or cover with wet towels or blankets.
• Turn off heating, cooling or ventilation systems. Close fireplace dampers.
• Move to a central interior area of the building.
• Bring pets inside.
• If eyes, nose or throat become irritated, protect your breathing by covering your mouth with a damp cloth, take frequent shallow breaths, and stay calm.
IF EVACUATION IS ORDERED…
• Quickly gather essentials you and your family will need, such as medicine, baby supplies, driver’s license, checkbook, and 72-hour kits.
• Do not go to children’s schools. School officials will take special care of the children.
• Leave a sign on the door saying the house has been evacuated.
• Keep car windows and air vents closed.
• Police officers along the evacuation route will direct you.